Here are tips to help you when repainting kitchen cabinets:
- When marking doors and draws, do it at hidden points. The bottom sides are the most convenient areas to mark.
- Keep knobs, screws, and other hardware where you can easily locate them. You can keep them in plastic bags or containers.
- Never apply paint to a moist surface because it won’t stick as it should.
- Keep doors and windows open when repainting kitchen cabinets. Inhaling paint fumes for a prolonged period can result in health complications.
- Before applying another coat, check whether there are any paint buildups on the surface. The buildups are usually small ridges. If they are already dry, sand them off.
- Use contact paper on your countertops while you are repainting.
Related Article: How To Paint Old Kitchen Cabinets.
Protect Countertops With Paper
Painting cabinets can be a very messy job, and the last thing you want is to paint all over your beautiful countertops and then have another project on your hands. countertops as you learn how to paint kitchen cabinets. An easy way to protect your countertops, backsplash and floor is to cover them with inexpensive rosin or brown builder’s paper.
Does contact paper really work on countertops?
The answer is yes contact paper does really help to protect countertops. If you have countertops at home and want to protect them during a renovation or just from your the kids drawing on them with crayons, contact paper can be helpful.
Should Your Replace or reface your kitchen countertops?
Repainting kitchen cabinets is notoriously challenging for many DIY-ers. Despite the difficulty, here are some tips to help you achieve success:
Marking doors and draws at hidden points will make it much easier in the long run because they won’t be noticeable when finished or closed up again. The bottom parts of drawers work well since people don’t often look there! You can also keep them on top of a drawer with items pushed back so that everything doesn’t get cluttered together while being stored away safely from paint splatters later on down the line. With this tip alone, your cabinet should ideally still have plenty more life left before needing another repaint job done sooner than expected!
Refacing is different and should probably be done by a professional. At Palm Beach Premier Remodeling, we build custom kitchen cabinets.
What is the best paint to use on kitchen cabinets?
Semigloss, gloss, or satin— are the best paints to use for kitchen cabinets. Matte paint may be cheap and easy to clean but it won’t last long without constant repainting. You want a durable finish that will protect your investment so don’t go for anything less than semi-gloss at least!