If you ask homeowners what their biggest complaints are about their houses, closet space is likely to be at the top of the list. Most closets are too small and dim for anyone to use easily. They often have too little light for you to see your clothes properly. The average closet doesn’t measure up. Most homes, especially empty nesters, have spare bedrooms that could be put to good use for that luxury walk-in closet they have dreamed about.
Here at Palm Beach Premier Remodeling, we specialize in converting spare bedrooms into custom walk-in closets. If you feel that your closets are inadequate, then it’s time to consider a custom closet. Do you have a spare bedroom that you aren’t using? Our team can convert that room into a bright, spacious new custom closet.
Bedroom conversions to closets are a specialty for us at Palm Beach Premier Remodeling. Our experience gives us a vast understanding of what it takes to turn your unused room into a custom closet. This remodeling project will change your home for the better. You will have a closet you thought existed only in magazines.
Converting a Spare Bedroom to a Custom Walk In Closet
A walk in closet conversion project is a big undertaking that requires expertise and precise planning. Trust in your contractor is a crucial component when it comes to a project like this. You can rely on us to do excellent work on your bedroom conversion.
Converting a bedroom into a custom closet requires the homeowner to make a lot of decisions. You will need to choose flooring, shelving, and doors. You also will have to consider lighting and layout for your new closet. All of these decisions can be overwhelming.
But have no fear. Palm Beach is here. Our design and build team will walk you through the whole process with ease. You will have all the information you need every step of the way.
Tips For Converting Your Spare Bedroom Into A Closet
We are the most experienced and most trusted contractor for bedroom conversions to create closets. Our long-standing relationships within the community allow us to cut out the middleman and extend the savings to you.
We work with all of the best suppliers in the area to ensure you receive the highest-quality materials. They trust us to work with efficiency and integrity, and we trust them to offer a fair price. No matter what options you choose for your custom closet, you will get the best for your money.
Palm Beach Premier Remodeling is the go-to contractor for custom walk-in closets and all other remodeling needs. As a full-service remodeling company with an in-house design department, we take your ideas and make them a reality.
Check Out These Tips
Converting a bedroom into a walk-in closet can be a great way to maximize storage space in your home. Here are some tips to help you convert your bedroom into a functional walk-in closet:
- Remove unnecessary furniture: The first step in converting a bedroom into a walk-in closet is to remove any unnecessary furniture. This includes items such as the bed, dresser, and nightstands. Removing these items will create more space for storing clothing and accessories.
- Install shelving: Installing shelving is essential to creating a functional walk-in closet. Consider installing adjustable shelves to easily change the configuration as your storage needs change. Also, don’t forget to add shoe racks and storage bins to keep everything organized.
- Install a closet system: A closet system can make organizing your clothes much easier. These systems typically include a combination of shelves, hanging rods, and drawers. Closet systems can be customized to fit the unique needs of your wardrobe.
- Consider lighting: Proper lighting is essential in a walk-in closet. Consider installing a combination of overhead and task lighting to ensure that everything is well-lit. You can also consider adding a vanity mirror with built-in lighting for applying makeup and styling your hair.
- Add a full-length mirror: A full-length mirror is essential in any walk-in closet. Not only will it help you see your full outfit, but it can also help make the space feel larger.
- Paint the walls: A fresh coat of paint can make a big difference in any room, including a walk-in closet. Consider using a light color to help make the space feel brighter and more open.
- Don’t forget about seating: Adding seating to your walk-in closet can make it feel more luxurious. Consider adding a bench or ottoman to sit down while putting on your shoes.
- Personalize the space: Don’t be afraid to personalize your walk-in closet. Add artwork or decorative accents that reflect your personal style.
- Make it easily accessible: Having a walk-in closet and still struggling to move around the space would be frustrating. It defeats the entire purpose. So, ensure not to cluster the entire room with any item that doesn’t serve a real purpose. Make full use of the walls and leave the space in the middle for a small sitting arrangement.
Following these tips, you can easily convert a bedroom into a functional walk-in closet with ample storage space for clothing and accessories.
Make Use of Your Spare Bedroom
Are you tired of sharing closet space with your partner? Do you wish you had room for all of your clothes in one place? Are you tired of the wasted space of an unused bedroom?
Renovating an existing area into a custom closet is an excellent use of square footage. An unnecessary spare bedroom can serve you much more fully as a closet. You will be able to move your stuff out of your existing dark and dreary closets and into a custom walk-in closet of your dreams.
To do this, you need to hire a remodeler that does it all. You need Palm Beach Premier Remodeling. From pulling permits to the final walk-through, we have you covered. Our experience and know-how make us the first choice in the Palm Beach area for converting your bedroom into a custom closet. We pride ourselves on providing quality work that is on time and budget.
When you walk into your new custom closet for the first time, you will love what you see. Our design team will be sure to maximize your space and utilize natural light from any windows in the room. You will feel like you’re living a celebrity lifestyle with all the room in your new closet.
Is There Enough Space in Your Spare Room For A Dressing Room?
If you live in a 3 bedroom home, you most likely have options with your spare room. It’s probably possible to just add closet shelving, built-in cabinets, and furnishings to the spare bedroom. With the right lighting, a mirror or two, and a countertop, it could even be an ideal space to use as a full dressing room. This will increase your storage exponentially and could be a very easy way to turn your extra bedroom into your dream closet design with enough room for accessories and your entire wardrobe and shoe collection.
Do you need a full dressing room?
This is an important question to ask yourself. If you want a dressing room it might take converting the entire extra bedroom. Closet design and clothing racks don’t provide enough space for a traditional dressing room so you might want to go all out and utilize the entire space.
Space Planning Is Important For Walk In Closets
Before you travel down the path of converting your spare bedroom space into a walk in closet, consider what’s really important to you. If you have a large shoe collection or purse collection, the build for it. The same goes for men and watches. Many times watches and ties are a focal point for men as shoes are for women. Take this into account and plan your shelves around it.
Want to Convert a Bedroom to a Walk In Closet? We Have You Covered
Regardless of the scope, we give every job our utmost attention. Using our resources and experience, we promise to help you make your custom closet dreams come true.
Although converting a bedroom into a custom closet might seem like a simple task, it can be quite complicated. You want to make sure you get it right the first time. Do-overs in construction and remodeling are costly.
Fortunately, Palm Beach Premier Remodeling can handle every part of the job for you. We will sit with you to go over the design until it just the way you want. Then our builders get to work. Your project manager will be responsible for getting all the necessary permits, so the crew can start building.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can you build a closet into a room?
Yes, it is possible to build a closet into a room. Building a closet in a room can be a great way to add more storage space to your home, especially if you have a small bedroom or limited closet space. Here are some steps to help you build a closet into a room:
- Determine the location: The first step in building a closet into a room is to determine the location. Ideally, you want to choose a spot where the closet will be easily accessible and won’t take up too much floor space.
- Choose the closet size: Once you have determined the closet location, you must choose the size. Consider the items you plan to store in the closet and choose a size that will accommodate them.
- Frame the closet: To build the closet, you will need to frame it. This involves building a frame using 2x4s and securing it to the wall and floor. You can use a level to ensure that the frame is straight and even.
- Install the closet doors: After framing the closet, you will need to install the closet doors. You can choose from various options, such as sliding doors, bi-fold doors, or traditional swing doors.
- Add shelving and hanging rods: Once the frame and doors are in place, you can add shelving and hanging rods. You can purchase pre-made shelves and rods or custom-made ones to fit your closet space.
- Finish the closet: The final step in building a closet into a room is to finish it. This includes adding baseboards and trim around the edges of the closet to give it a polished look.
Building a closet into a room can be a great way to add storage space to your home. It requires some basic carpentry skills and tools, but with a little effort, you can create a functional and stylish closet that will meet your storage needs.
How much does it cost to turn a bedroom into a closet?
The cost of turning a bedroom into a closet can vary widely depending on a number of factors, including the size of the room, the type of materials used, and the complexity of the project. Here are some of the costs you can expect to incur when converting a bedroom into a closet:
- Demolition: If you need to remove existing walls, flooring, or built-in furniture to create your closet space, the cost of demolition can range from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars.
- Framing and finishing: The cost of framing the new closet and finishing it with drywall, paint, and trim can range from $500 to $3,000 or more, depending on the size of the room and the complexity of the project.
- Storage systems: Adding shelving, hanging rods, and other storage systems to your closet can range from $500 to $2,000 or more, depending on the type and quality of the materials used.
- Lighting and electrical: If you need to add new lighting or electrical outlets to your closet space, the cost can range from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars, depending on the project’s complexity.
- Flooring: If you need to install new flooring in your closet space, the cost can range from $500 to $3,000 or more, depending on the type and quality of the flooring you choose.
How long does it take to build a closet?
Building a closet requires several other projects to be completed, including demolition and framing, lighting and electrical works, storage systems installations, and some other finishing touches. All these tasks can take increase the time it takes to complete the closet, and as such, the project can take anywhere from a few days to some weeks, depending on what you want to achieve.