The kitchen sees a lot of traffic throughout the day. Not to mention the high amount of grease and moisture that is present in the air.
This can lead to grease marks and water spots on kitchen cabinets, spoiling its entire appeal. To prevent this from happening, you can cover the furniture surfaces with a layer of clear coat.
It will help preserve the shine and you get to choose from the different kinds of finishes. Once you have used this, the kitchen furniture will last for a long time, and you need not worry about them losing its shine or corroding.
Table of Contents
Coats That Dry The Fastest
Minwax Polycrylic Finish
- the brand offers a great number of variants that you can choose from. This includes matter, gloss, semi-gloss, satin, and ultra-flat type. Whichever you choose, the formula will ensure that the cabinets do not turn yellow. It also has a low odor, which will not bother you while drying.
- this is considered one of the best because of its ultra-fast drying formula that will make the process less time-consuming.
- The only issue with this product is that it comes in a small can while the costs are high. This makes it an expensive option, and many people are unable to afford it, especially when they have to work on a large number of cabinets.
The Most Durable Of All
General Finishes Top Coat GAHSG
- this product is known across the industry for its sheer durability. It will offer complete protection for high-wear surfaces and will ensure that you do not have to replace them within a few years.
- The formula involves a hybrid of acrylic technology and urethane. This is the secret behind its toughness and the fact that it is durable. Plus, it is water-based and easy to clean up; you can use a wet cloth to wipe it clean.
- Further, one very important quality is that it does not catch fire and is completely non-inflammable. This makes it safe to use in kitchens where you will often light up the gas. This is the perfect alternative for normal lacquer, which can be flammable at times.
- When it comes to aesthetics though, it can create an opaque layer when applied in excess. This could affect the general look of the cabinets.
The Best For White Paint
NSL-X CC560109A-01 Cabinet Coat
- While some options would not sit on hard-to-coat surfaces well, this one poses no such problems. We noticed no patchiness, and a smooth layer was formed on the application.
- the kitchen sees a lot of grease as you are going to cook with different types of oil. Now the grease can settle on cabinet surfaces, making them look unattractive and old. But this formula will protect your cabinets and will prevent grease accumulation and chipping over time. It also resists scuffing and any kind of food and water stains. Perfect for white cabinets
- The only issue here is that the process can be time-consuming. You will have to apply multiple coats for the perfect finish, and that takes time.
Top Clear Coats With UV Blockers
Modern Masters MCS90232
- Whether you are renovating your home or building it from scratch, this solution will help protect surfaces throughout. It can be used on both painted as well as primed surfaces. Made of polyurethane, this is clear and will not lead to any form of yellowing and discoloration.
- The formula has UV blockers that prevent UV rays from damaging the wood. The UV rays are not absorbed, and hence your furniture will look new for years to come.
- This is a thick formula and may leave streak marks on your doors and cabinets. So, ensure that you use a brush to level it well before it dries. This will prevent the formation of any spots. In case marks appear, you will have to sand the entire surface and do it over again.
How We Can Help You
While the options might look similar to you in the beginning, you will notice that all of them have different properties. A good clear coat will ensure that your needs are met, and your furniture lasts long. Before you run out to the store for a new clear coat finish, contact us. We have years of experience with kitchen cabinetry and we can help you make the best decision for your cabinets.